As a 501(c)3 the Omaha Film Festival is proud to participate in the Omaha Gives! 24-hour charitable challenge on May 20, 2015. What is it? An opportunity for the people in our awesome community to donate to the non-profits that they love and have their funds matched by the Omaha Community Foundation to provide greater financial support to organizations like us!
On May 20th from midnight to midnight with a minimum donation of $10 you can help support the Omaha Film Festival and participate with us to continue to bring amazing independent film to our cultural landscape. We will be joining nearly 700 local nonprofits to raise money together and compete for matching funds and prize money. The more money we raise, the larger percentage of the bonus dollars we will receive. The more donors we get to give to us, the more likely we are to win prizes.
For more information and to make your donation on May 20th go to omahagives24.org!
And look for Jason, Marc, and Julie the evening of the 20th at The Funny Bone (Village Pointe) at our Laugh Your Ca$h OFF celebration. Between 7:00pm and 10:00pm we’ll be enjoying our favorite drinks and sharing past OFF stories. We would love to have you come out and join us and grab the microphone and tell us your favorite OFF memory! There will be no admission but Omaha Gives donation stations will be available to help us raise money. And if you donate, you may find yourself eligible to smash your favorite festival director in the face with a cream pie!
Check out the facebook event page for more information:
To go to our Omaha Gives! page directly: https://www.omahagives24.org/index.php?section=organizations&action=overview&fwID=1199
Thank you for your continued support!
Omaha Film Festival
How can you help the Omaha Film Festival during Omaha Gives!?
• Schedule a gift! For your convenience, you can schedule gifts between May 1 and 19. We encourage you to donate early if you cannot participate on May 20.
• Donate to us on May 20th!
• Spread the word! Tell your friends that you will be giving to the Omaha Film Festival during Omaha Gives! on May 20th and that you need their help.
• Post about Omaha Gives! on your social media pages. Let your friends and followers know how they can give and how their donations can help us win matching and prize funds.
• Cheer us on! On May 20th, watch the leaderboard on Omahagives24.org and update our progress on social media.
• Save the date. May 20th, 2015 will be a great day of generosity in Omaha. Get excited and ready to share your enthusiasm for the Omaha Film Festival throughout the day.
• Thank you for your support! We can’t wait to see the Omaha community band together to give.
ABOUT THE OMAHA COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
The Omaha Community Foundation connects people who care about our community with the people and nonprofits who are doing the most good here. The Foundation simplifies giving and provides tools for donors to do more with their gifts. They support nonprofits through grant programs, a Nonprofit Capacity Building program, and Omaha Gives!
More than 1,300 individuals, families, and organizations rely on the Omaha Community Foundation to help facilitate their charitable giving. Since the Omaha Community Foundation’s inception in 1982, those donors have given more than $1.1 billion to more than 1,800 charitable organizations. The Omaha Community Foundation helps donors manage their charitable giving, whether the donor gives $1,000 a year or $1,000,000 a year.